Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigriq
    replied
    Originally posted by captainsilver
    I will say it again. My opinion, ....he should have rested Pressley & Darden also. Then the loss would have been a non issue to everyone. including the media & NSU. NSU would not be feeling so good about themselves falsely.
    Very true.

Leave a comment:

• captainsilver
    replied
    I will say it again. My opinion, ....he should have rested Pressley & Darden also. Then the loss would have been a non issue to everyone. including the media & NSU. NSU would not be feeling so good about themselves falsely.

Leave a comment:

• Unfazed by loss to Norfolk State, HU ready to defend MEAC championship

Hampton University men's basketball endured its most-lopsided league defeat in seven years Thursday night. Against 757 rival Norfolk State. With the season-defining Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament next on the docket.
    None of which fazes Pirates coach Ed "Buck" Joyner Jr.
    "The beauty of this situation is, we played well enough throughout the season that this didn't deter what our goals were," Joyner said after the 83-63 defeat at sold-out Echols Hall. "We've reached one of our goals. Now it's time to go for our ultimate goal."
    Hampton (18-10, 13-3 MEAC) clinched the conference regular-season title, its first since 2002, with a home victory Monday over Delaware State. So at the least, the Pirates are assured of playing in the National Invitation Tournament.

That safety net the NIT extends to regular-season conference champions is gracious and appropriate, but the ultimate goal is to win next week's MEAC tournament and accompanying automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎